Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hawaii: Day 1

After 13 hours of traveling yesterday (9 of which were spent in two different airplanes), I finally arrived in Hawaii! I have already had many exciting accomplishments just from that one day of traveling. As you may or may not know, one of my life goals is to set foot in all 50 states, and now I am 2 states closer! My layover was through LAX, so yesterday was my first time being in California. By being in California, I was also the furthest west I've ever been in my life. And obviously, this is my first time in Hawaii, and now I am way further west than I was in California. This may not exciting to everyone, but it is exciting to me.

I had a welcoming committee at the airport that was comprised of my friend Victoria. I am staying with her, and she's basically the reason for this whole trip.

Victoria's so nice! She gave me 2 legit leis when I got there!

This is just the sign on the baggage claim, but it's so cool!

Even though I've only been here a day, I've already decided that Hawaii is the most beautiful place on the planet. Here is proof. All these pictures were taken from the car on the drive back to Victoria's house, so they're not the greatest quality and most of them have street lights in them, but they're still beautiful!







Stay tuned for today's adventures which will hopefully include watching the Vans Triple Crown surfing competition on the North Shore and Psych-ing it up at the Dole Pineapple Plantation (I'm not quite sure what that means, but hey, just go with it).

P.S. There's a Roomba in my room, so I'm thinking of having a dance party.

DJ Roomba!

1 comment: