Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I'm back!

Sorry I haven't posted in seven months, but I'm back and better than ever! (Well, I guess I should let people judge that for themselves . . .) Anyway, I think I have a hard time posting for the same reason I have a hard time writing in my journal, which is that both of these things feel permanent, so I put a lot of pressure on myself that each post/entry has to be perfect. In an effort to get out of that mentality, this post is going to be about something of no consequence, but nevertheless has been on my mind (or in my "real life," as my blog title would suggest).

I have been listening to Taylor Swift's new song "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" over and over and over again for the last two days. Consequently, I have watched the music video on youtube over and over and over again.


I have a few thoughts about this song and music video:
  • This song has left Taylor Swift's country roots completely behind. I hope this is not a permanent change.
  • I don't relate to this song at all, but it's just so darn catchy that I love it (for now).
  • I like that her band in the video consists of her stuffed animals that have come to life and grown 5-6 feet tall.
  • I like her bangs and her clothes in the video.
  • The guy in the video looks like Adam Levine with a little bit of Chris Bukowski tossed in (he's from the last season of the Bachelorette and Bachelor Pad). In this case the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
As promised, this is a completely inconsequential blog post. But hey, at least it's something.

Quote of the Day: “People haven't always been there for me but music always has.” --Taylor Swift

1 comment: